Friday, April 15, 2011

Hjemme i Stuen

Here is a photo from the mid 1960s (1963 or 64?) showing Bestemor and Bestefar having a visit from Willy Strand (Bestefar's brother Erling's son, seated on the right next to Bestefar), and his daughter Annemor with her husband and child.  Lillemor is seated just behind Bestemor.

My Onkel Willy was a big man with dark curly hair, a big heart, and a huge love of soccer.  He had a terrific sense of humor and was always telling jokes.  He loved his daughter - as you can see by the benevolent look on his face in this picture.  He was a truly charming man in his prime and his antics on the soccer field were wonderful to watch.  All the Strand boys played soccer.  Willy was particularly known for a killer head butt that would send the soccer ball flying expertly wherever he wanted it to go.  When I was about 5 years old, I'd try the Onkel Willy technique over and over and end up with a splitting headache.

1 comment:

  1. this is a photo from 1968
    my mother Anne,my father Finn and me Finn Eirik on this photo
    I was born sept.1968

    ReplyDelete