Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Bestefar Einar's Family

I realized as I was creating this little chart that I have no marriage date information for Ingvald and Janna, as they called his wife.  [However, they were sealed in the LDS temple as husband and wife on 31 Jan 1949.]   My notes say that Alfred emmigrated to Australia.  He at least met his wife, Miss Betty Enger, there.  We may have Australian cousins, but I have no idea!

Elida married Sverre Siem, a struggling artist.  Marthinius emmigrated to America and became wealthy and famous. 

Olaf Petter emmigrated to the USA, and found work in a mine in Utah, trying to save money for an LDS mission.  While working there, he contracted tuberculosis and died.  He never married.

Einar stayed in Norway and married Sigrid Olsen.  I am his granddaughter - his "datter datter".  Erling also stayed in Norway and married his sweetheart, Annie Jensen.

There is no word for "great" aunt or uncle in Norwegian. At least I never called them "Gren-Onkel" or anything like that.  I knew my grandfather's sister and brothers as Tante Elide, Onkel Marthinius, and Onkel Erling.  I will post stories about them in upcoming posts.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment